Sunday, November 16, 2008

Titans move to 9-0 / Bob Dylan

Sorry that I haven't written in this blog for a while. To be honest covering the best football teams weekly games has grown to bore me since they never seem to lose. Last week they took on the Chicago Bears who put a stop to Tennessee's amazing run game, but couldn't stop quarter back Kerry Collins. The Titans pulled out the victory and head into week 11 today against the Jacksonville Jaguars. This game will be played later today, but I want to change the subject of my blog for this post and then I will cover the Jacksonville game later today.

As I have mentioned in my profile, I am a huge fan of music. It is my passion and what I spend the majority of my time doing. I want to give people more of a chance to comment on my blog and I feel that sports might be a little hard for some people to respond to. So I am going to use my blog today to talk about one of my favorite cds ever made.

The CD is Bob Dylans six studio album and his first to be recorded with a full band. The album was recorded in 1965 and Bob Dylan is quoted calling this his favorite album.

Tracklisting.

1. Like a Rolling Stone
2. Tombstone Blues
3. It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry
4. From a Buick 6
5. Ballad of a Thin Man
6. Queen Jane Approximately
7. Highway 61 Revisited
8. Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues
9. Desolation Row


Like A Rolling Stone: This is a great song and probably one of the his most famous songs. It has been covered by many bands such as Jimi Hendrix and Dave Matthews. However, I tend to enjoy other songs on the album more than this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR5GBRUUX7M

Tombstone Blues: This is my second favorite song on this CD and is a great example of the Bob Dylan that I know and love.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgVjJWZ6P5A

Ballad of a Thin Man: This is my favorite song by Bob Dylan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFYlhw3g4P8&feature=related

Subterranean Homesick Blues: This is just another one of my favorite Bob Dylan songs, also if you are an advertising major and pay attention you should recognize this music video as it has been recreated recently for another commercial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srgi2DkDbPU


3 comments:

Lauren Johnson said...

I can understand this post! Well at least the part about football getting boring! :) I am taking coaching football right now and it has been one of the most difficult classes I have taken at Drury! Needless to say, I know NOTHING about football! I can tell it is a passion of yours, though, and I think you seem to be very knowledgeable on the subject! I hope the rest of the season goes well for you!

Andrea C. said...

Well, I took your advice and checked out some of your music. Right now I am listening to Bob Dylan, "Like a Rolling Stone." It's pretty catchy! It looks like you listen to some legit music, I appreciate people who aren't afraid to deviate from the typical hip hop culture.

Anonymous said...

My brother is a huge sports nut and I can definitely hear the same sort of interest and passion for the sport in your writing as I hear when he blabs to me on the phone about it. : ) Way to be dedicated to one subject for the whole semester!